Wednesday 25 September 2013

Stripey Crochet Giraffe

We had a very BIG day yesterday taking the kids to the Show. So with Ol off at crèche today and me feeling horrid after coming down with a horrible cold it's going to be a day on the couch trying to knock off the edging of the remaining 10 squares of my textured knitted throw. I have been working on this for months and once I finally stop procrastinating and get it finished I look forward to sharing the final result.

When I began this throw I'd never crocheted before. Whilst all the squares are knitted, the edging is crocheted. With mum not being around and easily accessible for a lesson I went searching the net (as you do) and have managed to teach myself mainly off the wonderful thing called YouTube. In my searching, however, I came across some gorgeous things to create. And me being me, instead of finishing what I'd started before moving on to the next thing I decided to give this little cutie a go.


I found him here at this blog called I Love Buttons By Emma (and I love the name). The instructions were pretty easy to follow as a newbie and she's made some changes to where the pattern was wrong since. Given it was my first ever attempt at crochet I'm pretty pleased how she turned out. Whilst I could have kept her I felt she needed to be with a little person that will hopefully love her the way she deserves, so I packed her up as part of a welcome to this world present for our neighbour's newborn baby girl.

I have plans to make another, possibly for Ollie in some blues and greens, but I keep finding more and more different things I want to make. My list just keeps getting longer and longer, but first I have to get back and finishing the edging on those knitted squares...

A
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment